Windows 10 safe to use with Meteor?

Then something must be up with my install.

I just clocked something on a semi-large app I have.
~40 seconds passed from Ctrl+S in IntelliJ IDEA 14 with the Meteor plugin until Chrome refreshed the app.

Any ideas? :slight_smile:

Not to mention if you got an Nvidia card… Then you’ve messed up big time!

Developed many applications and used many packages on atmosphereJS on Windows 10 since February. I only remember one DB error, which was fixed by ‘meteor reset’ and reactJS not working (as expected and documented). As long as you don’t need react, you will have a pleasant experience.

I sure have!

What issue are you talking about? #39 has been resolved if that’s teh one.

Upgraded from 8 to 10 a couple days ago. No problems (Meteor or otherwise) since.

Having spent significant time with meteor in a virtual machine and in native windows, I can attest that this is definitely not the best thing. Since Windows support came out for Meteor, it’s been orders of magnitude better than trying to manage it in a virtual machine. It runs faster, is easier to integrate with native file system, etc.

1 Like

I updated a Windows 7 machine last night to Windows 10 and installed meteor and it worked just fine.

I did the upgrade to Windows 10 and loved it for one night. I am running a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro and really like how fast 8.1 is.

Then, overnight, “something” happened and the system became incredibly unstable. Like when TV vertical scroll would be messed up, really ugly. It took a while to reset to 8.1 because the user interface was moving all over the place, I have never seen anything like it. Apparently there are still a lot of problems with drivers. But I liked it while it lasted. Gonna wait until they get the bugs worked out to try again.

I started doing all my development on Windows 10 for a little while since I built a new computer and I’m still in the honeymoon phase. It’s fantastic. I installed Sublime Text 3, Git Bash, Node and Meteor. I calibrated ClearType. There were some initial hiccups with Windows 10 itself, and I had to configure the environment variables, but once I put in some effort to get it all going, it’s fine.

I initially tried running Ubuntu in VirtualBox but it’s so much faster to just work in Windows. And I can play quick games with my SLI setup during breaks. :smile:

1 Like