[Fragments.me] I need your feedback on my Meteor webapp!

Hi everyone,

I’d like to share with you guys a webapp I’ve built with meteor over the last few months. It’s named Fragments (http://fragments.me) and it’s basically a real-time collaboration tool for links, articles, bookmarks.

You can categorise your fragments into collections. Collections can be shared by their link as read-only or also by their collaboration URL so people can join and post their links too. Commenting is also available (I’ve actually made it earlier today) and I’m also working on many other interesting features.

The whole project is open-source and you’re most than welcome to contribute via its GitHub repository. (You can find the link on the project website on the footer)

Once again, here’s the link to the webapp: http://fragments.me

I’d love to hear your feedback. What do you think? :grinning:

Thanks

Nicholas

12 Likes

the home page shows this:

1 Like

@serkandurusoy: Hmm - working for me.

That’s so weird, yesterday a user reported seeing the “page not found” error too. I’ve logged it here https://github.com/squallstar/fragments/issues/15 but honestly have no idea why that is showing up.

Do you mind checking if you have any error on the browser console, and which browser/os you’re on?

Thanks

I’m on the latest OSX. It works fine on Safari and Firefox, but Chrome shows a 404.

Latest Chrome: Version 51.0.2704.79 (64-bit)

These errors in the console:

b4357b8….js?meteor_js_resource=true:102 Uncaught Error: Handler with name 'i' already exists. b4357b8….js?meteor_js_resource=true:301 Uncaught TypeError: $(...).hammer is not a function

Those only show up in Chrome as well.

Ok, just found it’s an Iron-Router issue which has been reported on Chrome 51 http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36031706/middleware-stack-js31-uncaught-error-handler-with-name-route-already-exists

I’m on Win7, chrome 50.0.2661.102 m and it’s working fine for me.

Ah got it, this began appearing after a chrome update on a lot of sites with iron router.

Updating meteor and iron router to latest releases had solved that problem for my old iron router sites!

ping @squallstar

edit: cool, you beat me to it :slight_smile:

Thanks, I just pushed a fix :slight_smile: should be live within 5 minutes.

yep! it works in all its glory now! :slight_smile:

YAY! That’s great, glad I’ve found it before a bigger public release :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice job! When I entered a url I tried to click the text “Save a new link”, thinking it was a button, and nothing happened. After a while I realized I had to hit return to save the link. It might help to make “Save a new link” a button.

This is a great idea for a site! I like the way the cards animate when you filter by topic.

I tried to add a new card with the Tutorial or Cute Stuff tags but couldn’t see how to do it. Then I noticed that the system automatically assigned tags, like “JWT”, “API”, “Google”, etc, to a card I had added. They are actually very well-chosen tags! I’m not sure yet if this is super-cool or confusing. :slight_smile:

I’d like to be able to assign a card to a collection at the time of card creation rather than afterwards.

A very cool site!

Thanks for the feedback! You can actually add a link directly to a collection if you first browse the collection via the sidebar and then you add it on it.

I think you might also have missed the right click feature on links, which shows a contextual menu with a couple of options such as one to enter edit mode and add tags or change stuff :slight_smile:

I know the UX is not super obvious, but my first focus was to create a well designed and polished product rather than accessible. Of course you can achieve both, but as it started as a personal project I felt I could just primarily made it for myself and don’t have to explain too much and perhaps ruin the UI.

Cool app, great work!

I added facebook.com as a link, and sure enough it added a preview image automatically. I then added another site, and it didn’t show a preview image. Just wondering how you’re getting these initially?

Great Job @squallstar !! I like it

Not sure what I would use it for but it looks nice. May I ask what UI components you are using, if any?

You can use it as a code base for something aside from the main usage of the original author intended to… :wink:

Where is the source repo?

The UI is all handmade, I haven’t used any CSS framework or base style :slight_smile: