Hi, after starting to make the universal fork compatible to the xBSD systems, currently the FreeBSD passes all tests.
I would be happy if more could try to make that work on his FreeBSD system.
What to do ?
The process will take approx 10m (or ~30m if no dev_bundle already downloadable)
- Login to your system
- You need to have or install that packages
sudo pkg install -y bash git gmake mongodb
- clone the universal fork to your home
git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/4commerce-technologies-AG/meteor
- most parts already done, now test meteor version for the first time
OPTIONAL: only if no dev_bundle could be loaded previously, build your meteor dev_bundles
- if that worked try to create a small example
$HOME/meteor/meteor create --example simple-todos-react
- Now launch your browser and feel great
Thanks for feedback and help
P.S.: Please use the issues on github so I can track the work.
If interested in the number of things we did until here, read this thread: