*.meteor.com (free tier) appears to now to be completely down

Access to my personal apps hosted on *.meteor.com has been spotty the last day or so. However, for the last several hours I have not been able to access them at all. (More specifically, I get a message that the app is loading, but the app never actually loads.) Am I the only one experiencing this?

According to http://status.meteor.com/ *.meteor.com apps have “partially degraded service” and no incidents are reported.

If this is a more widespread issue, it would be great if MDG could provide an update on what is happening. (And maybe also provide more detailed information on the status site.)

4 Likes

Only the free tier is impacted though, just to clarify.

Good point - clarified in the title

It may be the free tier, but this is a huge issue that should be addressed. A few minutes here and there is one thing but it seems to have been down for almost a whole day. We may not be paying customers, but we could be

3 Likes

+1

I guess I have to assume that this is not a widespread issue, since I have not seen any postings about this by MDG.

However, if this really is a widespread issue, then I find it troubling that nothing has been posted on the status site or here on the forums re. the recent down time.

Experiencing same problems… even http://status.meteor.com shows there are problems. It’s impossible that they don’t know.

+1 for more than a week now

2 Likes

nice marketing of galaxy

1 Like

I am having the same issue with all my sites

Yeah, there was a couple of other threads on this, very frustrating testing stuff and comes at a bad time for me trying to showcase my demos. Has been for the last 24hrs at least…

Everyone just sees a big Meteor sign and perpetual countdown if they hit the site at all… :frowning:

I was going to get the developer edition but then it doesn’t come with it’s own mongodb so i’d have to put more time into it… I need to move off free tier tonight, really unhappy with the whole thing atm.

@sashko is there any ETA how long this will go on for?

2 Likes

Facing the same issue.

Comes at a really bad time for me, because we needed to demo it.

Also, can’t access many examples (autoform.meteor.com, e.g.) that I really need to look at (I’m a beginner)

If you are not aware yet, you can host your app and database for just 9 bucks per month at NodeChef…That’s cheap guys…

1 Like

this makes me so sad :frowning: I have just recently picked up meteor and I am LOVING IT. I am waving good bye to rails and never looking back. Hopefully the free tiers are back soon. Thanks for the awesome product <3

It’s not about the money, I just want to do deploy <app>.
Up to now, I could, now I can’t so I’ll bite the bullet and go with heroku, chef or dev edition, whichever’s the quickest to setup.

1 Like

Same issue here. Major hastle here. I rely on this big league to make remote work possible.

Can we get a reply from MDG on this topic? What’s the ETA on a resolution? I rely on the free tier to get demos up and running for clients quickly so that I can get feedback and make updates/improvements. For me, the free meteor hosting tier is one thing that makes Meteor so good.

Looks like it’s up now, but slow. http://status.meteor.com finally says something:

_ "We had a ~1 hour outage in the free tier today due to problems with the Database layer. These issues have now been resolved. "_

An hour? Was not it all day, with some glitching as early as last night?

Just my luck: first time sent a link to Meteor hosting to a prospective customer, and it went down for a day. Bad sale.

1 Like

I feel like if your sales outcomes depend on an app being up, then it’s a better idea to run it on a production hosting platform like Galaxy.

2 Likes

If only you offered Mongo with Galaxy. I’ve used Mongolabs with Galaxy successfully once, but nothing beats complete deployment with a one-line command.

4 Likes

In the 20/20 hindsight, yes, but I’ve never seen this happen before, and the downtime logs apparently don’t tell the whole story?

What’s the uptime for Galaxy? for meteor.com?