Saas Mastermind Group

Hi guys,

I guess a lot of us are into creating & promoting their are own meteor-based saas. What a chance for a really cool mastermind-group!!!

Are you interested in founding a small mastermind-group, so we can kick-ass together in 2018?

My goal is to have a group of 2-6 highly motivated masterminds and meet up once a week via skype for 1-2 hours. We can also install a slack-channel to talk to each other in between (if urgent questions occur, or something).

During our weekly skype-meeting we can talk about our own experiences, learn from each other, help each other out and answer the following questions:

• What are you working on?
  • How can we help you?
  • What have you learned this week, from which we all might benefit?

IMPORTANT
The mastermind-group is gonna be a PRIVATE group. We will be good friends supporting each other and we’ll keep the information totally privat.

I’d like us ALL to agree to the following:

• I am willing to commit to a WEEKLY CONFERENCE-CALL VIA SKYPE, where we will have a 1-2 hour chat about our progress (see questions above. Of course we’ll find a timeslot that fits all of us and yes, there can be times where one of us is really unavailable. But you get the concept. :))
  • I am willing to sign a NON-DISCLOSURE, where we all agree, to keep the information of our group ABSOLUTELY SECRET (something like http://www.macswomen.com/uploads/3/3/2/5/3325228/mib-mastermind-nondisclosureagreement_2015.pdf)
  • I am looking for a trustfully and open relationship (just as we have already been friends since highschool)
  • I feel like I can bring something to the table (p.e. your knowledge, motivation, experiences) and you want TO GIVE to the group as much as you’ll benefit

About me and my current status
I am a 37 year old programmer, musician and one-man show, based near cologne and have my first Saas up in production. I am just starting out with marketing and would love to have some companions to share experiences and learn from each other. I have good knowledge in Javascript, Adwords, UI-Layout and some more topics that I can bring to the table! :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hear from you!

4 Likes

lets play the game i live near Amsterdam i speak German

skype eric.luitjens

2 Likes

Hey Ho! Great stuff - I’ll get in touch via skype!

SaaS developer reporting I’m interested. Skype name Redroest

1 Like

Interested. My Meteor-based SaaS is a music-practice tool called Strum Machine. I launched May 2016. The basic product is solid but marketing, onboarding, devops, etc have room for improvement, and I’m a one-man band with this so mastermind would be cool. Also, I am a musician too. :slight_smile:

Btw I have to give a shout-out to Fizzle for small-business training and community. They are awesome. (Not currently a member but I probably should join again.)

1 Like

Guys, this is awesome! I’ll get in touch with you via Skype…

And not one of you promoted - at least referenced with a url - their SaaS product… :thinking: Might as well change the name to saas shymind group :sunglasses:

1 Like

@serkandurusoy Well for me I can say that I totally understand why people do NOT initially share the url / business in a public discussion like this. Though I am totally willing to share it in a private mastermind-group under the conditions written above. This post here explains the mindset a bit https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/why-all-the-secrecy-heres-why.50174/

1 Like

Huh, I’d assumed “hey my name is foo and my saas is bar and I’d like to join the group” would indeed be at least marginally beneficial, through exposure, to the product unless it was in stealth mode. But that being said, I do agree that there might be valid reasons to keep that secret. Nonetheless, you guys should not shy away from promoting your products if that’s what’s going on :wink: In fact you should be proud!

3 Likes

In my case, there’s no reason to keep it a secret so I edited my post. My SaaS is Strum Machine.

1 Like

hey I’m down to Mastermind! My SaaS is Focuster.

ps @banjerluke I also live in Santa Cruz! Small world :wink:

1 Like

Hey @banjerluke I spent a couple of months last year working on something that’s marginally similar which involved parsing muicxml and displaying it in a custom strumming pattern notation, you can view it at https://music.uberchord.com/ by clicking on one of the songs and scrolling down, for example california dreaming before which I had experimented with a canvas based editor for musicxml. You should check out the uberchord app which is consistently a staff pick or recommended app on apple store. You can perhaps ping them for some collaboration to create some win win scenario.

@hexsprite I love the design, I mean I L-O-V-E it! Also, automatic calendar rescheduling sounds like something most task/calendar apps hit and miss. Although honestly, prices are a little bit scary and I must admit the message around the cost of losing focus did not resonate with me, not that I don’t have that problem (who doesn’t?), but for some weird reason I left these feelings:

• I don’t want to pay 200 usd every month to gain my focus back, I can do it without that kind of an expense
  • The 10usd version does not help anyway, because there is a 200 usd version which is the real deal, so I don’t want to pay 10 usd for something I can do on any other free task manager

Sounds like it could be interesting. We’ve got two SaaS in production and are based in Madrid. Maybe a private forum would be useful as well ?

ALSO: Not sure how well suited Skype is to handle the conference call of this size (unless they’ve improved it recently?). I’ve used appear.in quite a bit lately and it’s very convenient to just give people a URL they can click on and enter your conference room.

1 Like

Nice idea indeed! :wink: Vienna based SaaS right here (so german speaking :smiley:) - more info: Orderlion. I agree having some SaaS focused threads or even a whole forum, maybe a slack channel and all that sounds like a great idea, since all Meteor based SaaS products (will) face similar problems all the time. So count me in if you set something up and let me know how I can help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah - we should give appear.in a try. It looks very promising :grinning:

Sounds like a great idea! I am a 32 years old developer now and I have two commercial SaaS running with Meteor: an Internet of Things platform called aREST (https://arest.io/) and SiteEngine (https://siteengine.io/)

I’d be really interested in such a mastermind, you can hit me up on Skype (marcolivier.schwartz) or via email: marcolivier.schwartz@gmail.com

1 Like

@hexsprite Small world indeed!

@serkandurusoy Very interesting! Thanks for sharing. Say, do you know anything about how they navigated the copyright issues around sharing lyrics and songs – did they get permission or licensing, or is it not as risky to “just do it” as I think? I’ve always wondered about this but didn’t know who to ask. If you know about this topic and felt inclined to share what you knew, I would be very interested. Just putting it out there. :slight_smile:

I think knowledge should be shared not kept in private groups. I would be open to the idea where you actually share the insights in the group.

2 Likes

Hey @banjerluke there are licensing issues which you need to solve working with an appropriate licensor like a large music distributer company or any other similar rights holder.

It would involve some form and amount of payment of course and the need for you to track and report actual usage of the content.

The technical requirements are not tricky and afaik the big name rights holders already have established legal groundwork to enable sites/apps like yours to work legally.

1 Like

I am interested too. We are currently working in a SaaS App based on Meteor. My Skype id is sanjay.deligence