What projects are you guys working on?

We make business simulation games for high schools and higher education! Link to it

The simulation engine and related tools are all built with Meteor.

4 Likes

I love Meteor and launched a side-hustle business in January: https://www.blankslatepaper.com/

Itā€™s a site where you can customize a writing pad to your handwriting and style, and we print it for you on-demand.

My day job is embedded development, so it doesnā€™t intersect much with Meteor (or JS for that matter) but Iā€™ve been angling to put together some of our internal tracking apps in Meteor as we grow.

Cheers,
Dave

4 Likes

We manage airbnb apartments with a Meteor app. Itā€™s connected to Airbnb and Booking.com and provides real-time messaging with guests, has an integrated calendar, scheduling feature for the cleaners and charts for the apartment owners.

5 Likes

Hi, we have been with Meteor since version 0.4 developing several projects.

The most important project of them is Coach Studio, a platform for coaches and clubs of basketball, football and handball to organize the management of the training in their teams. The platform is currently using Meteor 1.8.1.

We are proud of our success and very satisfied with Meteor. The changes that have been made in Meteor during this time have been for good although from the beginning Meteor could have bet for npm, for example. We still use Blaze and DDP with redis-oplog and it works properly for our needs.

3 Likes

Hi,
I used meteor professionally in 2014 or 2015 for some freelancing work and was quite impressed by the technology.

Back to 2019, i do not code anymore (moved to a management role) but still in love with Meteor.
I started a new side/pet project during my freetime to play with latest meteor features & vuejs integration just for fun.

So far i have built a project management tool to manage my team projects.

It started basically as a trello/kanban clone and i added some feature for my own purpose
(bpmn diagrams, timeline).

Meteor is probably the most productive tool i have ever seen, it has of course some limitations but it is perfect for side projects :slight_smile:

Note: not all app is translated to english yet, not much unit tests, probably lots of bug too but writing code with meteor during my free time is a real pleasure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here comes the crazy one :smiley:
So, Iā€™m working on some kind of all-in-one application, basically user generated ā€œspacesā€ (like subreddits for exemple) in which modules can be assembled to get the features youā€™d need for your activity. Modules could be anything from marketplace, collaboration tools, forums, whatever can be used to manage oneā€™s activity online.
One point of this design is to reverse the relationship between what are nowadays mostly web-apps with static features and customers with ever changing and growing needs having to adapt their reality to what is available on their chosen platforms, and more often than not having to use many apps for what are nowadays relatively simple needs. What Iā€™d rather have is a platform where the user reality is the ā€œconstantā€, and the features can be moved around, added or removed, so that each usersā€™ spaces fit exactly what they need.
So, thatā€™s kind of ambitious :smiley: But between official institutions losing power over the tech giants and the user apparently getting screwed at every corner, there is a growing need for an open source solution that would help ā€œfightā€ against these. So thatā€™s what I want to doā€¦
Been using Meteor for prototyping the thing, and Iā€™ll probably use it as long as itā€™s good enough (which it is plenty for now). The hard part for me isnā€™t really the tech (nor should it matter too much at the startā€¦), itā€™s just getting out there and speaking about the thingā€¦

So yeahā€¦ Weā€™ll see how that one goes eh.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been using Meteor to create a web app similar to Duolingo but for learning to code. If it wasnā€™t for Meteor, I really doubt Iā€™d be able to do something like this all on my own. Hereā€™s a link for anyone interested in checking it out.

4 Likes

Iā€™m currently work in on 2 Meteor projects. One is a new, more full featured version of Atmosphere for the community, and the other is an embedded Shopify app to allow store owners to accept XRP cryptocurrency payments directly to their personal wallets without utilizing a third party service.

11 Likes

Meteor is awesome for prototyping and iterative development. Iā€™m working on WorkBase

3 Likes

Hey, I am glad you chosen Meteor. Recently, I made an instagram bot using Meteor and puppeteer - Youtube Demo.

4 Likes

Just spent the last month rebuilding my MMO game. Tore it all apart, back together, running REALLY well. Doing a stress test today, come on over and kill some time!

https://StarLordsOnline.com

ALSO:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been using Meteor for about 3 years now for various projects that interest me. Nothing specifically out there for everyone, but a few things interesting to me.

I have a little app you can run on a server that letā€™s you setup for users to monitor site status. Basically a web-site monitor with a graphical front-end, and an email option for those who want to get an email if their site is down. https://github.com/bmcgonag/hostUp

Iā€™ve also made a little trivia app, that allow you to enter questions and answers for Multiple Choice or True / False type questions. Then have multiple users log into a game and play. The app has a mode for the game master (maker) to show on a shared screen like a project that shows game stats as the game moves forward. And a player mode that shows the player their question, and allows them to answer. Anyway, Iā€™ve used it a few times and itā€™s been fun. https://github.com/bmcgonag/trivia-challenge

My latest venture is a bit of a larger project, non-public right now, but itā€™s a Real-time Computer Aided Dispatch system for Public Safety (Law enforcment, Fire, EMS), or It can be easily used for Taxi / Car Service / Ride Share service. I again have multiple views based on your role, and have mapping with live Unit Location using GPS in the device browser, unit tracking, call for service, assignments, and more. This is what I do for my full time job, so itā€™s a side-project for me. Iā€™ll eventually Open Source it I imagine, but itā€™s been my chance to better understand the complexity of what I ask my developers to do everyday.

5 Likes

Hey, nice job on this bot. Are you sharing this code anywhere?

Weā€™re also working in open source a Google Cloud App Engine deployment script, like the ones the community have for AWS and Azure.

Edt: Here it is: https://www.npmjs.com/package/meteor-google-cloud

5 Likes

Hi, Mike! Fun topic.

I do something similar: integration, mobile and prototyping work for clients, with quite a bit of it done in Meteor. Mostly I do internal tools, very little consumer-facing. Here are a couple of examples:

https://literateprogrammer.com/projects/fidelis-herd-reporting/
https://literateprogrammer.com/projects/iflyabi/

From time to time, I do get overloaded, and Iā€™m deeply interested in building networks of skilled independent creatives (software engineers and otherwise) so if anybody with a portfolio is in the same boat, Iā€™d be interested in talking about sharing work!

2 Likes

Hello! I am making an application for psychological testing in research and counseling. I am a psychologist, and when I chose a web application development tool, I thought that Meteor is most convenient for people who are not professional programmers. And at the same time, the Meteor provides many opportunities for interaction between the psychologist and the client in the research process. Thatā€™s why I really like him! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Writing an app that is at the cross section of genealogy (searching for your ancestors/building a family tree) and DNA (using the results of DNA tests).

Please see https://yourDNA.family

Meteor has been the right choice and so far it runs stable & scales (on the small number of beta testers). The real test will obviously come on launch, with a lot of compute intense, long running processes and for each new user over 100,000 MongoDb queries.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s cool
I started using meteor about 7 years ago. For that last 2 years have also been working on a platform for automation and productivityā€¦ but in the form of a semantic analog neural network. Believe it or not, Meteor is quite a good platform for that :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This aural history social network called Pixstori.
This competition entry system for the Type Directors Club.
This dice game (I need to update this).

4 Likes

Facebook killing app.

2 Likes