Meteor Mentoring Group aka Meteor University

And the related summary https://medium.com/@sakulstra/meteor-mentor-session-4-5850268c2ef0#.ehqatwaw4 :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

Wow, very nice write up!

1 Like

OK, just to put the word out there, someone asked “How can one get added to the mastermind group, I think this is great!” and here’s my reply for everyone with the same burning question:

Well, just by asking! :slightly_smiling:

The thing is, we are getting crowded and it is becoming hard to organize the events and sometimes a little frustrating when someone agrees on joining a session but does not.

So the keyword here is “commitment”. Are you absolutely definitely honestly sure that you can join a google hangout session every week (that may happen on a friday evening or a saturday morning or on a very bad time due to time zone differencess) and also commit to asking questions and replying to others’ questions on the slack channel during the day?

If you are not ready now for that kind of commitment, don’t worry. We are trying to get new mentors and start new groups so we can stay in touch and I can let you know when that happens.

2 Likes

I’m looking for a mentor to help me get better at meteor and help me figure out how to solve problems with the app I’m building. Can I join this group?

Please PM me your email address.

1 Like

Thanks @christbkk once again for being so prompt and thorough with this!

Just found this thread, really promising to know theirs community support for newcomers like me. People like @brajt have been super helpful in gitter, looking forward to learning more with y’all.

1 Like

just hit me a PM with your Email if you want to be invited.

Big Thanks to @serkandurusoy for all he does for this Mentor Group. As well to all our others Mentors dedicating time to teach Meteor Beginners.
But the best part is that other “learning” coders started already to become mentors for others. others :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Our First Live Coding Session on Demand

2 Likes

Though there are already suggested projects on GitHub page of this thread, I inputted another humble offer at http://github.com/Meteor-Mentor/meteor_mentor/issues/18 to make the initiative here gain another approach (and of course, since I can not develop my own idea by myself :slight_smile: ) .

Hope some of us can gather around it.

@mustapha I personally think your idea has business merit, especially for some countries where the status quo in fact allows for implementation of uber-like ideas.

That being said, we already have decided what we are going to be working on and how we see the project - a learning experience, rather than a product, which may still end up being one :wink:

I think your post might get lost within this thread of 100+ messages so I guess you may have better chance finding a collaborator/partner if you started a new thread for the topic.

Other than that, if you want to hop in an re-join our mentoring group and are willing to contribute, you are more than welcome.

…we already have decided what we are going to be working on and how we see the project - a learning experience, rather than a product, which may still end up being one :wink:

I think your post might get lost within this thread of 100+ messages so I guess you may have better chance finding a collaborator/partner if you started a new thread for the topic.

I have nothing to add @serkandurusoy ,I totally agree with your thoughts. My apologies for interrupting the thread while it has already such a maker spirit (soul) and helpful guides.

Other than that, if you want to hop in an re-join our mentoring group and are willing to contribute, you are more than welcome.

I will try to do. Thanks so much for the encouragement.

1 Like

No need to apologize, in fact, thank you for taking the time and offering an idea!

2 Likes

Here’s what we had this last friday

This is happening live in a few moments, so if you want to watch along (or later if you prefer)

1 Like

Hey all, we have 1-2 places free for our weekly Mentor Group. Believe it is worth it and you get your questions answered well by our Mentors.

PM me for invitation if you are interested!

1 Like

Hi @christbkk, would really like to join :slight_smile:

Sure ! please @tsadykhov pm me with your email for invitation :slight_smile:

@christbkk If I understand correctly because I’m a forum newbie I can’t send pm’s (or maybe it’s just really hard to find.) My email is tsadykhov@gmail.com