Special purpose entry points beyond client & server?

Overall update: A bit ago I got through to the other side to making this all work properly. So awesome to have. But that jenga tile was foundational and it shook the entire structure. Now I wonder: why Meteor?

I started to feel Meteor itself is a burden to take on long-term. The tensions and undercurrents here are super weird, and signals very mixed. Not really sure what Meteor has as its root goal other than sell Galaxy instances with some great F/OSS prototyping contributions. Like it avoids meaningful success.

Not making a snap decision and focusing on prototyping in Meteor for this Winter ( North ) and then plan to refactor it out by Summer, then start to ask why not rather than assume keep it. Am I the only one wondering whether to keep Meteor or remove it? Seems like there is a long history of reasonable people on all sides, but overall something dead in the mixture somewhere. Thankfully I left myself time to really work to understand before going multi-year. By Summer I would only be in the 18-month range and would have enjoyed it.

Feels like any investment in this ecosystem is up hill against the wind and despite the potential, it is drab at the core. And there is a vibe of the basement wanting to take over the top floor while the owners are out tending the property. Kind of a culture of insincerity on the surface covering some of the best things I have ever seen done at this level… the level we can run independently, and even use to equip real people with +10-year LTS solutions, if there is sanity in the culture that maintains the foundations.

If I want to understand why Meteor is so weird, or bring momentum, I have to wade through wounds and what feel like power struggles. As I think about what Meteor offers that nothing else can, the list is getting shorter and shorter. But for now, my design pattern shift to include agents by design is going awesome and I love it. But what about having the power to do in life what that code change means: unleash agents, not just have server and client by design? I have so much focused on this and have for so long, proving over and over before doing the next LTS, really working to overcome the hurdles and bring the horizon closer, etc. Why rest that here?

I guess I put this out there mostly due to @leonardoventurini because it seems like the work being put out is still in the “bad-ass” range, and I see ninjas here and there ( I have a list, trust me ) and I hear honesty about desire for change… but it feels like “3.0” and now “Foundation” both compete with “wtf why this” and we just kinda assume we keep going, rather than have a Pivot or Persist type contemplation among invested parties.

Going to keep going and I do not at all believe I am the only one thinking along these lines, but noticed that my desire to invest in Meteor has radically declined, but rather than just be impulsive, I would include that feeling in the refactoring project. And if not possible or not worth it, remove Meteor by next Summer vs. assume it is the right decision. Feels like unless there is genuine interest in the field and state of the art… why care?

Right now I believe there are a few, probably ~1% who have that sincere feeling of doing truly impactful work and having that apply to reality and not just be making buttons work. I hope we run into each other before next Summer and maybe we can shift from a Meteor into a Planet because that seems like the shift needed.

Hoping honesty is welcome. I welcome honesty in return. Just noticed I got through the wall but stopped caring. A lot, at least.